Sunday, August 4, 2013

"It really is God's Country."

I so needed this day...this one in particular.

The amount of times I genuinely smiled and laughed today was unreal. Things have been a little rough lately. I know there are only a few of you who are avidly following my summer updates, so I'm not worried about telling you all that yes, Brian and I did break up.

It was something that I needed to do and I don't want to dwell on it, but ever since then amazing things have been happening in my life. Not because of that, but it really helped that all this happened.

There have been few moments in my life where I have been as happy as I have been today and some other days in between, but today was everything I ever wanted.

I wish for only a moment that I could share how I felt today with everyone else, but then again I want to be selfish and I don't want anyone else to know how much today meant to me. I spent it with one of my favorite people, Gina.

Driving to Moraine, windows down, Taylor Swift blaring out the radio, a whole day ahead of us, and the most beautiful place in the world in front of us. We rode all the way to Odessa Lake. We laughed, we talked, we took pictures, we played in a lake, we reminisced, we talked about the future, and never once did I stress about tomorrow or where the rest of this summer would take us.



There have been so many moments this summer where I have genuinely hated being here. I've wanted to pack up and go, but I don't wanna go home, I just want to be away from here. But there have also been an uncountable number of moments where I have never felt more alive, at home, or happy. This place is magical.

Standing on the top of the world watching the sunset on one side and the full moon rise on the other, takes my breath away. Hiking around Bear Lake in the dark, climbing to a rock in the middle of the lake and staring at the stars for over an hour, makes everything feel like it's going to be okay.

I head home in 17 days, I am dreading every day between now and then, but then again, how am I going to handle leaving this place? We complain, we whine, we grip, we talk smack, we hate, we love, and we care. As much as we love to hate our jobs, after this summer we will want nothing more than the snow covered Rockies, the 5:30 Barn, and the hundred plus horses we snuggle with daily. The months we spent here, the memories we've made, the friendships, the relationships, the heartbreak, the struggles, the tears, the sweat, the blood, the pain, the drama, will all boil down to nothing more than a summer spent in one of the world's treasures, doing a job that requires little effort, with much stress, and friendships that we pretend will last a lifetime.

There are so many unanswered questions for all of us after we leave this place, but for only a moment, we all get to take a breath, soak it all in, and live in a bubble. A bubble away from civilization, from home, from other friends. We get to ignore who we want, miss who we don't, laugh and cry and whine and grip all we want because in the end it's only three months of our lives...

What is three months compared to some eighty years?



Everything...







No comments:

Post a Comment