Friday, August 23, 2013

The Last Hurrah

Well it's been an indescribably amazing summer. It was more than I could have asked for. 
The adventures, the memories, and the friends are things I will take with me forever.

Packing away my life from the past three months was a lot easier than last summer. I think I'm ready to go home, but deep down I know it will never been goodbye forever. A small part of all of us will live in that tiny town nestled in the heart of the Rockies.

The goodbyes were short and sweet, bittersweet. The flights will be long, the drives even longer, but nothing will be as long as the amount of time between seeing each other again. For a most of the crew, we will never see each other again. This was the last goodbye and in a way, it's super depressing, but we spent enough time together, shared enough secrets, and learned enough about each others lives that we don't need to see each other again to know that we can always depend on them.

This past week has been unbelievably slow in the best way possible. One or two rides a day is a perfect end to the summer we spent working ourselves to death. My last ride ever was a four hour steak ride with a lovely couple from Florida. We talked about everything from horrible previous guests to their life goals. I had Black Jack and Vego, two of my favorites. It was a great end to a summer spent in the saddle.

I want to say thank you to the crew this summer. There were about a million ups and downs between us all, but in the end we ALL pulled through, for the first time. I love each and everyone of you. Thank you for the endless memories, countless adventures, and the never ending moments of YOLO!!!! I had a better summer than anyone could have asked for. Have a fantastic life if I never see you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment