Sunday, July 28, 2013

All Aboard the Struggle Bus!!!

I should be elected the major of Struggle City over here people.

Oh boy this week....

It has been a constant stream of rides, complaints, and claws out. I think that we should just all take a break, a half day maybe. I think when it gets to the point where we are counting down the days until we leave, we need a break.

It has been a rough week. I so need a day off. I have taken about a million big groups, ridden all my favorite horses, took a three hour that turned into just a really slow two hour, patented the matching your horse issue, and became a power couple with my long lost sister Amanda.

Copper bracelets and turquoise ring hunts tomorrow morning, Denver in the afternoon for some hillbilly shopping. I only have four days off left and I don't have any big plans anymore really.

I head back to the hot state in 26 days people. I hope you all miss me there, because it's gonna be hard to leave this place...I think a small part of me will always live in Estes Park.

As the summer is coming to a close I'm starting to realize that reality is closer than it seems and this magical place will soon be nothing more than a distant memory.

Though we all love to hate our jobs, we're addicted. We sit on our butts, listen to our own voice (or the lack there of), and wake up to views only seen in the best postcards. It's an amazing job filled with amazing people and even more amazing memories. Maybe I won't miss my job, but I will miss my wrangler family.

And I do mean family. We may fight and disagree, we may think we even hate each other at moments, but only the best families go through what we go through on a daily basis. We're there for each other and we will never let another wrangler down, as much as it seems that we struggle to get through everyday, we struggle together and will always be there to pick each other back up. I have made friends here that can never compare to any friendship that I have back home.

It's going to be a rough goodbye that is going to come way to soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment