Monday, July 8, 2013

Blowing up my bucket list!!!!

Well I survived...It was hard but I finally made it through my ten day vacation in the Carribean.

7 days on a cruise ship to islands I had read about in my freshman Anthropology class. It was a dream.

Day one, I swam with dolphins, got a killer sunburn, and shopped on a Caribbean island.
Day two, I tanned on the deck of the ship and hit up the buffet about ten times
Day three, went on an island tour to a rum distillery
Day four, Went horseback riding on the beach and in the Caribbean Sea!!!! WHAT WHAT?!?! Every wranglers dream!
Day five, I snorkeled, saw a sting ray, and tanned.
Day six, We kayaked through a lagoon
Day seven, We came back to Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Barbados, and St. Martin.

I toured the Bacardi factory and drank more rum punch than I thought I could consume. We went to shows, ate amazing food, danced the night away, made photo people laugh, and played a lot of trivia games. I came home sporting a 24 karat gold plastic ship trophy for being violated by three women I'd never met. "The object of the game is to pass the ball to each other using only your neck...ready, set, go." Who knew all those years playing games at Mini Camp would have prepared me so well. Thank you FFA.

Though my vacation was beyond amazing and my bucket list has shrunk significantly, I missed my wrangler life incredibly.

I missed a 105 person steak and I'm almost jealous. But I made it back in time for fourth of July!!!!!!

We decorated our ponies and it was a weird day...there were too many people for me to handle, but the fireworks were amazing. Couldn't have ask for a better way to spend fourth of July.

It has been a good week, we have been really busy. I think I've ridden more hours in a day than I have slept and I am so ok with that!!!! My watch broke, Kansas bought us pizza, too many 5:15am barn calls, Amanda and I have been kicking tail bridling, riding all new horses, significant rope burns, Palomino madness, trio reunion, RODEO SOON!!!

I have been plans for my next day off, but for today, I'm being lazy, cause that's what days off are for!!!

This summer is coming to a close quicker than I would have expected, 55 or so days, and I have to say goodbye to the best friends I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment